We came out with this recipe in a really sad time. It was the beginning of the quarantine and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find pasta anywhere. What did we do? Make our own homemade cheese ravioli.
We are huge pasta lovers – like, we ate spaghetti carbonara for 3 days in a row when we learned how to make it properly – so living without pasta for such a long time was an absolute nightmare. Check our easy pasta recipe out.
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
FOR THE FILLING:
- Ricotta cheese
- Mix eggs, flour, oil, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with your hands until a shaggy dough forms (about 15 minutes). Knead with the dough hook until it is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let rest at least 30 minutes.
- Cut in 4 equal parts.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until it’s flat (approximately 2mm thick) and cut the shapes with a glass. Always use flour on the table so it doesn’t break or stick.
- Fill the circles, fold them in half and seal the sides with a bit of water.
- Boil for 1 minute and add the chosen sauce.
TIP: Make one bigger ravioli and put an egg yolk in it put it on top of the pasta and eat as the first one. It’ll add a plus of presentation and taste.
This is an incredibly easy and cheap way to make homemade cheese ravioli. I promise you’ll love it. Check out our Chicken and Chorizo Jambalaya Recipe for more!